Monday, April 6, 2009

Weigh In Time


I ordered a new scale from amazon.com recently and it finally came in this Saturday. I was so excited. Of course I didn't read the description when I placed the order so I didn't know that I needed a 9volt battery to operate it. So I went over to CVS and picked up two for the price of one. Yea, money saved!
The scale I chose is the Taylor Body Fat Scale. When I found it it was on sale and I got it for bout $22.00, normally it goes for about $50.00.
So I currently weigh 283.6lbs and my current body fat percentage is 45.2%. Yuck! But I know that I'm working hard to lose the weight and become much, much healthier.
I walked 3 miles on the treadmill yesterday and I went to Curves this morning. I want to make sure that I'm not just working on aerobics or cardio but strength training too, which is what Curves can provide me.
I also made this great chicken breast recipe for lunch today. It's pretty much, 1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup mixed with about 2/3 of the can filled with water. You mix that with about 2 cups of brown rice, cooked and place the mixture in a 9x9 glass casserole dish. Spice it up a little with salt, pepper, garlic powder and paprika, add 2 chicken breasts to the top. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 45minutes and you get a tasty way to cook chicken. Plus it made enough for me to take to work tomorrow for lunch.
I also made mini-egg bakes in muffin pans. It was actually an idea I got from a comment on PastaQueen's blog. This way I can pop them in the microwave in the morning for a quick breafast on the go. Yummy!
Thank goodness for recipes. They make my life less dull. See you next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment