Friday, April 10, 2009

Veggies!!!


I have to admit that I'm quite a picky eater. One of the reasons I've never gone on a real diet or lifestyle change is that I feared the foods I'd have to eat. However, there are quite a number of veggies and fruits that I do like.
My Mom and I went to the store the other day after Curves and I bought some Cauliflower, plums, strawberries and today we were able to find some nice cucumbers.
Some of the veggies I like are broccoli, brussel sprouts (my favourite), carrots (cooked), corn (although it's pretty starchy), peas (also cooked), mushrooms (but only mixed in with other foods), and a couple of others. See? I told you i was picky. In my defense though, I know a lot of people who don't like brussel sprouts, broccoli, or cauliflower.
Fruit is a little easier to eat. Mostly because they can taste sweet.
The fruits I like are:
Plums, Peaches, Strawberries, Blackberries, Lemons, Limes, Oranges (some varieties), Kiwis (yum), grapes (mostly green, though I'll eat red), apples (only Granny Smith), etc.
One fruit I'd love to try is Starfruit. PastaQueen mentioned in a blog posting that they taste a little like limes. I imagine I'll like them then.
Next summer, my Mom and I are going to plant our own veggie garden so that we won't have to spend so much money on veggies. This summer, we're going to plan out where the garden should go and kill off the sod where it'll go.
A little random info, We used to have a calendar that hung in out kitchen that was pictures of fruits and veggies made to look like they had faces and things. It made food fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment