Saturday, March 28, 2009

Today Was A Good Day

Today was a more than good day.
For the past week I have been walking at my local reservoir. It has a biker/walker's loop that's approximately 3 miles long. At the beginnning of the week it took me about an hour and a half to walk the whole thing and my legs would be cramping way before I finished. Today, I walked the whole thing in 1 hour!!! One thing you should know is that I am overweight. I normally can't walk 1 mile without feeling out of breath or anything. So today I felt like I was on top of the world.

This blog is an attempt by me to be held accountable for the things I do with my self. I am 22 years old and I am severely overweight for my 5'9" frame. My knees tend to throb when I stand for too long and I can't find pants for work that look good on me.
My goals are:
  1. to wiegh in at 160 lbs
  2. to be able to run a half marathon (I've been inspired by PastaQueen)

My reasons for wanting to lose weight are somwhat shallow. I want to look hot. I don't just want to be happy with my body, I want to feel attractive. I do want to lose weight to be healthier but I can't help wanting to feel pretty. Now I know some people will say that I don't have to be thin to feel pretty or be hot. I am glad that some people can feel amazing in the bodies that they have but I'm not one of them.

I didn't deide to lose weight for any particular reason at first. I didn't have that epiphany that you hear about. Nobody told me I was gonna die if I didn't lose weight. I just feel like now is the time to start. I am currently at work writng this (shhhh!) and therefore don't have a scale to wiegh myseld=f so I'll have to wait until tomorrow to post what my starting weight is.

So my plan is to work with a loose system at first. Walking at the reservoir 4 times a week and eating healthier food like veggies and less junk like chips. I am quite sure I will fall off the bandwagon many times (I did last night when I made brownies with cake frosting), but I will pick myself up, dust my big butt of and get right back on the wagon.

My plan for running the half marathon is to start slow. I like walking at the reservoir and I love that my time is decresing. So my goal is to be able to make a circuit in 4minutes. This way, I'll be able to walk the circuit twice in a row. After I am able to do that, I plan to start intermittantly jogging while I walk, until I can jog a whole circuit.

I am hoping you will all hold me accountable to my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment